This article is from the 20th Century Appetizer Recipes, with numerous contributions by known and also anonymous authors
28 oz Canned artichoke hearts
1/4 c Butter or margarine
Flour 1/3 c Butter or margarine, melted
Vinaigrette Dressing -(recipe)
1. Drain liquid from artichoke hearts and discard.
2. In a small, heat-resistant, non-metallic bowl melt the 1/4 cup butter or margarine in Microwave Oven 30 seconds.
3. Dip artichoke hearts in melted butter and then lightly coat with flour.
4. Place the 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine in a 10-inch, heat-resistant, non-metallic pie pan or non-metallic skillet.
5. Place flour-coated artichokes in melted butter and heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 8 minutes. Turn artichoke hearts as needed to brown lightly.
6. While artichoke hearts are cooking, prepare Vinaigrette Dressing II (see recipe).
7. Just before serving, pour dressing over artichoke hearts.