This article is from the World English Bible Translation FAQ, by Michael Paul Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org with numerous contributions by others.
Specifically, we need people who will read drafts of WEB chapters
carefully, checking the following things, and email suggestions for
improvements in the following areas:
* Typos & spelling errors.
* Punctuation errors.
* Grammar & usage errors.
* Unclear wording or wording that may be misunderstood.
* Wording that varies in meaning from other good Bible translations
(realizing that some will vary due to "textual variants" in the
underlying original languages).
* Wording that may inadvertently be "too close" to any copyrighted
Modern English translation for too many verses in a row (thus
risking charges of copyright infringement).
* Questions that come up with respect to specific portions of the
* Inconsistencies in style, usage, or translation.
Note that all suggestions made in line with the above mentioned
translation philosophy will be seriously considered. There is no
guarantee, of course, that any suggestion will result in a change,
especially in those areas that involve judgment calls, because we are
likely to get conflicting suggestions for the same passage. If in doubt,
suggest or ask, anyway. We want to eradicate as many of the above
problems that tend to distract from the meaning and message of the Holy