lotus



previous page: 3c.17 When is the MMR vaccine contraindicated?
  
page up: Childhood Vaccinations FAQ
  
next page: 3d.2 How common was HiB before routine vaccination, and how common is it now?

3d.1 What is hemophilus influenze B, and what are the risks of the disease?




Description

This article is from the Childhood Vaccinations FAQ, by Lynn Gazis-Sax lynng@alsirat.com with numerous contributions by others.

3d.1 What is hemophilus influenze B, and what are the risks of the disease?


HiB is a bacteria which is one of the leading causes of meningitis in
young children. About 60% of cases are meningitis. The remaining 40%
are cellulitis, epiglottis, pericarditis, pneumonia, sepsis, and
septic arthritis. Mortality rate can be about 5%, and there are
neurologic sequelae in up to 38% of survivors.

 

Continue to:













TOP
previous page: 3c.17 When is the MMR vaccine contraindicated?
  
page up: Childhood Vaccinations FAQ
  
next page: 3d.2 How common was HiB before routine vaccination, and how common is it now?