This article is from the Group B Strep FAQ, by email@example.com (Cheryl Sandberg) with numerous contributions by others.
* Positive culture for GBS colonization at 35-37 weeks
* Having already had a baby who had a GBS infection
* GBS bacteria in urine (bacteriuria, either with or with our symptoms)
* Membrane rupture (having your "water break"more than 18 hours before
* Labor or membrane rupture before 37 weeks
* Developing a fever during labor (higher than 100.4F)
The baby's doctor and nurse should be told if the mother has any of the
above risk factors.