This article is from the X-Men Comic Books FAQ, by Kate the Short (firstname.lastname@example.org) with numerous contributions by others.
Most writers who have written many stories have developed a certain
cadence and language in their writing style. Chris Claremont is very
well known within comics circles for his trademark phrases, which are
called "Claremontisms" by the fans. As with all trademark phrases, some
beome tired cliches after a while, but others remain fond memories of
past stories and characters.
Do you recognize any of these Claremontisms?
* Ah'm nigh invulnerable when Ah'm blastin'.
* Back off, bub. We take care of our own.
* By the white wolf!
* Comes with the uniform.
* Da, Tovarisch!
* Flamin' muties!
* Flamin' _____!
* Heart's Desire
* I am _____!
* I love you. And I, you.
* I possess you, body and soul!
* I'm the best there is at what I do. And what I do... isn't very pretty.
* It was sweet of you to worry.
* It wouldn't be polite to disappoint them!
* Me an' mine.
* Me and my big mouth.
* No quarter asked, none given
* Not today, and not by you.
* Our own fate, our very lives, they're nothing.
* Take your best shot!
* That fact alone makes them deadly beyond imagination.
* The focused totality of her psychic power!
* We did none harm, yet harm was done to us.
* Wolverine! Fastball special!