This article is from the Feline Leukemia (Cats) FAQ, posted to rec.pets.cats newsgroup. Maintained by Erin Miller with numerous contributions by others.
* CancerNet Factsheet is available via gopher to gopher.nih.gov following the menu path Health and Clinical Information/CancerNet Information/Fact Sheets from the NCI/Risk Factors and Possible Causes. Or you can call the Cancer Information Service toll free at 1-800-422-6237 (1-800-4-CANCER).
* Hardy, William D., Essex, Myron, and McClelland, Alexander J. (eds). Feline Leukemia Virus. Elsevier/North-Holland, Inc. New York, 1980.
* Loar, Andrew S. "Feline Leukemia Virus: immunization and prevention" in Veterinary Clinics of North America: Small Animal Practice. 23(1):193-211, 1993.
* Barlough, J.E. "Seriodiagnostic aids and management practice for retrovirus and coronavirus infections" in Veterinary Clinics of North America: Small Animal Practice 14(5):955-969, 1984.
* Olsen, R.G. et al "Oncogenic viruses of domestic animals: in Veterinary Clinics of North America: Small Animal Practice 16(6):1129-1144, 1986. Additional Readings * Hardy, W.D. Jr, et al. "Biology for Feline Leukemia Virus in the natural environment" in Cancer Res. 36:582, 1976.
* McClleland, A.J. et al. "Prognosis of healthy Feline Leukemia Virus infected cats" in Rev. Cancer Res. 4:121, 1980.
* Rojko, J.L., and Hardy, W.D. Jr. "Feline Leukemia Virus and other retroviruses" in The Cat: Diseases and Clinical Management, NY: Churchill Livingston, 1989.
* Rojko J.L. et al. "Reactiviation of latent Feline Leukemia Virus infection" in Nature (Lond.) 198:385, 1982.
* Also, the Journal of the Am. Vet. Med. Association, 199(10), Nov. 15, 1991 is devoted entirely to feline viral diseases.