This article is from the Aquaria Newsgroup Topics and Conversion Tables FAQ, by Todd Zebert and Erik Olson with numerous contributions by others.
A: Yes! There is a newsgroup just for you: rec.aquaria.marketplace,
which is open to both commercial and private advertisements. Here are
* Do not crosspost to the other newsgroups!
* Since many are suspicious of people selling things on the net, be
sure to include why the items are for sale, especially if a profit
motive may be suspected.
* If selling locally, include your location in the subject line
(``US-NY-Buffalo'', for instance). This will help your intended
buyer find you amongst all the posts.
* It is advisable to limit the distribution of your post when the
item is only of interest to a local area (for instance, a glass
tank). This is done through your newsreader while composing your
* Finally, after the item sells, you should delete (or cancel, as
many newsreaders call it) your original posting. Again, this is
done through the newsreader.