Margaret Jang is a Reiki Master Teacher & Practitioner, Numerologist, Intuitive, and a Spiritual/Inspirational Poet & Writer. She currently resides in Vancouver, BC and can be contacted at email@example.com or through her website www.margaretjang.com.
After many discussions with others who seek to connect with the spiritual realm, I realize that many people do not feel that they have sufficient time to commit to a daily practice of meditation, journalizing and energy exercises.
With juggling careers, children and household chores, there isn't much time left to connect with spirit. Sadly, you find it frustrating because you desperately want to develop your psychic abilities for an assortment of reasons. You may want to receive spiritual guidance, you may want to strengthen your spiritual connection to become a stronger healer, you may want to tap into higher consciousness in order to bring forth creative inspirations and higher knowledge, you may want to become a psychic or a medium in order to read professionally for others or you may just want to connect to universal wisdom.
For those who stubbornly insist that they will connect to spirit without incorporating a disciplined daily practice, I wish you good luck and I sincerely hope that you achieve your desire. As for the rest of us, there are certain steps that need to be followed, although I am a firm believer that there are no set methods cast in stone - there is no right or wrong technique. What I offer in this article are step by step suggestions that have been used and do work, but feel free to add your own or use whatever methods you find most comfortable to work with. After-all, it is far better to use something, plus do something, rather than nothing at all.
So why do you need to expand your energy vibration? Quite simply, the higher, lighter and purer your energy vibration frequency level resonates; it will allow you to attract the same vibration from the spiritual realm. As based on the Law of Attraction, like energy attracts like energy. In essence, you will have the capacity to attract a higher level spirit guide who will always put your best interests first, plus will be dedicated to your continued spiritual growth. Also, you will have a stronger, instantaneous, plus a more direct link or contact into the spiritual realm.
To give you a slightly different spin about energy levels of consciousness, according to David R. Hawkins, on a scale of 1 to 1000, anything calibrated below 200 is regarded as a negative and destructive energy. For example, using kinesiology (or muscle testing), he measures "shame" at 20, "guilt" at 30, "apathy (or indifference)" at 50, "grief" at 75, "fear" at 100, "desire" at 125, "anger" at 150 and "pride" at 175. So your goal is to overcome the lower levels and attain 200 or above. Examples of higher levels are, "courage" at 200, "neutrality" at 250, "willingness" at 310, "acceptance" at 350, "reason" at 400, "love" at 500, "joy" at 540, "peace" at 600 and "enlightenment at 700-1000. As you can see, the further up the scale you go the better off you are, in which you will attract the same type of energy frequency whether is comes from another human or from the spiritual realm.
David R. Hawkins also makes another interesting point. A person who calibrates at the 300 level will counterbalance 90,000 individuals who calibrate below the 200 level. Or a person who calibrates at the 500 level will counterbalance 750,000 individuals who calibrate below the 200 level. Therefore, the higher you can build your energy frequency level, the more beneficial you become to the world at large, never-mind how it affects your connection with spirit.
Below is a routine to start you on your way. But please remember, it is more important to practice 10-minutes daily, if this is all the time you can spare, rather than to practice for 90-minutes once per week.
One thing to keep in mind is that you cannot connect to spirit as long as you maintain mind chatter and the quickest way to overcome this is by quieting your mind first starting with meditation. This is a simple 1-2-3-4 counting exercise to be practiced daily and consistently, even 10 to 20 minutes will provide you with increased clarity, calmness, centeredness, balance and revitalization of energy, plus it strengthens your focus. You go from beta to alpha state where you gain access to higher states of awareness.
1. Turn off your phone and sit in a comfortable position
2. Dim the lights and play soft music if desired
3. Add a light covering if desired (your body temperature may drop)
4. Close your eyes, take 3-deep breaths and relax
5. As you count, visualize each number in front of you
6. Inhale deeply through your nose to the count of four seconds 1...2....3....4, while expanding your stomach (like a balloon), then draw your breath up to your diaphragm and pull it up into your rib cage
7. Hold for the count of two seconds 1....2
8. Exhale through your nose to the count of four seconds 1...2...3...4, as you push the air down into your stomach while sucking your stomach in towards your spine
9. Hold for the count of two seconds 1...2
10. If a thought comes in, acknowledge it and allow it to go - don't dwell on it or build upon it with another separate thought
11. Continue breathing in this fashion for 10-20 minutes
12. Don't worry about intruding thoughts, just let them go; eventually they will stop. If you lose count, start again at number 1
13. If you fall asleep, don't worry, your body needed the additional rest
14. When finished, rub your fingers together and open your eyes
With meditation the mind goes inactive; however, with this exercise the mind remains active. It's designed to expand your energy vibrational level so you have a strong/direct contact with spirit, as well as increase your focus and strengthen your visualization. Start with 10-minutes and if you are able, work up to 60-minutes daily.
1. Ground, protect and cleanse beforehand. Close your eyes and relax
2. Breathe either through your nose or mouth; with each breath, continue to relax more
3. As you breathe in, see yourself surrounded by white light, see the light go down your crown chakra to your heart chakra, see this as a ball of light and feel its warmth, know that you are the light
4. With each breath, see your ball of light expanding and getting larger and brighter until the room is completely lit up. Know that you are the light
5. With each breath, feel your power, see your own light
6. Now expand your power, expand your light
7. As you focus on each breath, reach out to touch and feel the top of the mountain; you are the mountain
8. Now reach out to touch and feel the cool waters of the Pacific Ocean; you are the Pacific Ocean
9. Feel and know that you are part of the Earth, you are the Earth
10. You are one with all, you are one with the universe; you are the universe
11. As you rhythmically breathe in and out, feel and stay in your own power for allotted time (10 to 60 minutes)
12. When you are ready to come back, rub your fingers together, wiggle your toes and open your eyes
13. You will feel refreshed, fully alert and fully conscious
1. Become aware of your intuition or your "gut" instinct and your body talk; listen to it carefully
2. Practice visualization - e.g. picture an orange, smell it, peel it, feel it, taste it or picture a flower in detail
3. Reduce daily stress, simplify your lifestyle
4. Talk to your guides daily; allow them to assist and guide you, but be sure not to become totally dependent on them;
5. Test yourself - when the phone rings, guess who it is before answering, guess the daily price of gasoline, use playing cards to guess the colour or suite before turning over the card
6. Use your imagination freely; believe you inner senses, what you feel, sense, see, hear, taste or smell
Proceed to part 2.