This article was written by Gini Grey, who is a Transformational Coach, utilizing a powerful blend of coaching, counseling and spiritual energy tools in her individual sessions, workshops, books and CD's. For more information go to www.ginigrey.com.
What is the opportunity facing you right now? When life is flowing smoothly and we are feeling confident and serene, we are open to new possibilities and we see the opportunities blossoming in front of us. Yet when things are sluggish or we keep hitting up against a wall, a shadow seems to creep across our view and we don't see what's available to us. The opportunities are still there, it's just our perspective that's gone askew.
It's during those difficult times that we need to look for possibilities in order to shift our energy, get unstuck, and create a new pattern. Challenging times are wonderful opportunities for growth. When someone or something is pushing our buttons we have the choice to push back, blame, carry resentment and so on. Or we can ask ourselves "what can I learn from this, what's the opportunity here"? From our higher self perspective perhaps we are giving ourselves a chance to set boundaries, end an unhealthy relationship or practice forgiveness. When we take the truer path we always feel better, and it's usually a win-win situation the whole way round. And suddenly, in our empowered state, even more possibilities open up.
* Scan the various areas of your life; relationships, career, health, finances, home and so on and see if there are any opportunities awaiting you for enjoyment or growth.
* Where do you see the most opportunities available to you right now? Where do you see the least? What is affecting your perspective? What can you do about this?
* What was the last opportunity you saw and took advantage of in your life (it could be anything from taking the opportunity to understand another's viewpoint to taking a new job)? What were the results?
* Reflect over the areas of your life again and choose one area where you'd like to make a shift. Brainstorm a list of all the possible opportunities that are available to you. Choose at least one to follow-through on.
* Think of an area in your life where you have been feeling stuck, frustrated or hopeless. What would you like to happen in that area? Have you been waiting for someone or something outside yourself to give you an opportunity? What opportunities can you create for yourself?
* As you go through your day, notice the wonderful opportunities that are there for you and congratulate yourself for seeing them and taking them. When you come up against an obstacle, immediately ask yourself what the possible opportunity is - then take it.