This article was written by Gini Grey, who is a Transformational Coach, utilizing a powerful blend of coaching, counseling and spiritual energy tools in her individual sessions, workshops, books and CD's. For more information go to www.ginigrey.com.
What are your gifts you bring to the world? We each have gifts to offer; ways of being, skills, talents, personality traits and so on that arise naturally from our authentic selves. At times it's easier to focus on what we're missing, on our defaults, or on what we don't have in comparison to others. This perspective goes against our highest truth so depletes us and makes us feel small. When we become aware of what we do have to give we feel full and whole.
Sharing your gifts with others, no matter how small or large, is an expression of love and abundance. You might not be aware of what your gifts are, but know deep inside that you are giving whenever you interact with others from true self. It might be your welcoming smile that warms someone's heart, or your sense of humour that brightens their day.
Perhaps you have the gift of clear communication that makes connecting so easy, or a gentle touch that helps someone feel loved. Maybe you listen from your whole being so others feel truly heard. It might be a skill that you offer like organizing details, planning events, or researching subjects. You may have a talent for creating beauty through art, music or words. Whatever it is, acknowledge it and share it with the world.
* What are the gifts you are aware of in yourself? Make a list of all your skills, talents and personality traits that you have to offer.
* What gifts are easy for you to share with others? What gifts do you hold back on? What makes it easier for you to be visible with your gifts and what makes it difficult?
* What are the gifts you see in others that you wish you had? When we admire something in others or even envy them, it is often a sign of an undeveloped or un-owned gift within us. Make a list of the gifts you'd like to unearth in yourself.
* Set your intention each day to acknowledge and appreciate the gifts, talents and skills you have to offer yourself, others and the world. Whenever you judge yourself, turn it around by focusing on your gifts.
* Consciously choose to share your gifts with others \u2013 be it your smile, your laugh, your touch, your communication style, your talents or skills. Notice how you feel when you share of yourself freely.
* Find one gift, skill or talent you would like to bring out more and share, and begin doing that today. Let go of any judgment, shyness or resistance that stands in your way.
"Happiness is not so much in having as sharing.
We make a living by what we get,
but we make a life by what we give."