This article was written by Gini Grey, who is a Transformational Coach, utilizing a powerful blend of coaching, counseling and spiritual energy tools in her individual sessions, workshops, books and CD's. For more information go to www.ginigrey.com.
We're nearing the holiday season, that time of year when our connection to loved ones becomes more significant. We see the importance of relationships and how getting together with family and friends to share moments of kindness, laughter and appreciation nurtures and fulfills us.
For those who value spirituality it is also a time to deepen our relationship to the god of our heart, whatever that may be for each of us. Letting in more love, joy and gratitude is one way of expanding this relationship.
At the core of all relationships is the most important relationship of all: the relationship to self. The more we know ourselves, give to ourselves and love ourselves, the more we can truly know and connect to others. If we can not give love, attention and caring to ourselves, how can we truly share these with others?
In order to heal our relationships with others, with god, or anything else we deem important, we need to nurture our relationship with our self. When we are filled with an abundance of self-affinity and self-esteem we see the world and others in it in a new light; one that supports us to create rewarding and fulfilling relationships.
* How would you rate the quality of your relationships to significant others (including the god of your heart) right now?
* What are the most important qualities and aspects that you enjoy in your relationships (i.e. fun, attention, support, affection, love, sharing etc.)?
* How would you rate the quality of your relationship to yourself? What gets in the way of you having an even better relationship with yourself? What about with others?
* List the qualities that you would like to have more of in your relationships. Brainstorm ideas on how you can first develop these with yourself, and then with others.
* Tune into the pure essence of love and what that feels like. Turn up the volume and let this energy flow throughout your whole body down to a cellular level. Set your intention to release anything that gets in the way of you having this for yourself.
* What is one thing you could do for yourself that would raise your self-esteem? Commit to doing that this week. What is one thing you could do to improve an important relationship in your life? Commit to doing that this week as well.