This article was written by Gini Grey, who is a Transformational Coach, utilizing a powerful blend of coaching, counseling and spiritual energy tools in her individual sessions, workshops, books and CD's. For more information go to www.ginigrey.com.
Like crystal clear water, you can see into the depths of your heart and soul when in a space of clarity. We've all had those 'moments of clarity' when we see the bigger picture and know our highest truth, but how do we maintain this state of clarity?
Moment to moment awareness is one way; being in the present with every feeling, thought and situation. Doing this clears away old clutter which may otherwise block your view. It also keeps you from moving too far into the future where you can become ungrounded and lose your present focus. Everything you need to know and do is right here in the moment.
Letting go of judgments is another way. Judging, resenting and shoulding is much like having smears and debris covering your windowpane; you can't see a clear picture this way. Oh how refreshing it feels to clear the specks off your glasses or have your windows freshly cleaned. By simply choosing to drop any form of judgment toward yourself or others, you will instantly have more clarity within yourself.
* How much clarity do you have in your life right now? Are you clear about your direction, your next steps, your heart's desires? Do you have a clear sense of what you want to experience in 2008?
* Do you have clarity when it comes to your thoughts and feelings? Are you able to think clearly and focused? Can you tune into your current sensations and emotions?
* What gets in the way of your clarity? What supports you in having deeper clarity? What could you do today, to gain more clarity in your life?
* Spend a day noticing how you view yourself, others, and situations. Notice if you're looking through tainted lenses or clear ones. If you're making any form of judgment (right or wrong, should or shouldn't, good or bad etc.) your true clarity may be covered up. Play with the judgment by asking yourself where it comes from and if it is absolutely true (many judgments and shoulds come from societal, family and cultural conditioning rather than from reality or truth). Explore what it would be like to let go of all your judgments - how would you feel and be?
* To enhance your clarity, practice being in the moment; notice your thoughts and the tone of them (are they supportive, limiting, chaotic, calm etc.), notice your current emotions, notice the sensations in your body, and most importantly, tune into your true essence underneath all of this. Try this several times throughout the day.
* To make a decision or gain more clarity about any area of your life, try this: close your eyes and move all of your awareness into the center of your head; rest in that still peaceful place where you are more aware of your self and your truth. Look at your situation from this space and ask, "What is my next best step?"
"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens."