This article was written by Gini Grey, who is a Transformational Coach, utilizing a powerful blend of coaching, counseling and spiritual energy tools in her individual sessions, workshops, books and CD's. For more information go to www.ginigrey.com.
En theos, the root word for enthusiasm, means 'in spirit'. When we are filled with the spark of enthusiasm, we are literally filled with our true essence and this is why it feels so alive and energetic. When we drop down to feelings of hopelessness and despair we have lost our connection to our eternal selves and our source. There are, of course, many states in between. Which states do you often find yourself in? Do you choose them or do they choose you?
We can let circumstances, people and events dictate our moods and states of being, or we can consciously decide how we want to feel and set our own inner tone. Even when a mishap or crisis occurs, we can acknowledge our initial feelings and then choose to bring our inner bigness forth to lighten the situation. It depends on how you want to feel.
Within each of us there is a vibration of enthusiasm; for life, love, nature and whatever ignites your passion. All you have to do is tune into it and allow it to lead the way.
* What does enthusiasm feel like to you - how would you describe it? How often do you feel it? What supports you in connecting to it?
* What are you enthusiastic about in life? List all the things you can think of (people, projects, recreation, social activities, foods, nature, hobbies and so on).
* What gets in the way of your enthusiasm? What would it be like if you brought your enthusiasm to every area of your life; your work, relationships, chores and so on? Would you enjoy life even more?
* Tune into the energy of enthusiasm within you. If you need to, think of something you are enthusiastic about to get it flowing. Turn up the volume on it and let it bubble through your whole body. Practice doing this when you wake up in the morning to set the tone for the day, and turn up the volume on it whenever you feel yourself dipping down into lower vibrations.
* Once you have your enthusiasm flowing fully, imagine going through your day feeling enthused. What would your day be like? Now imagine going through a whole week and then a month, bringing your enthusiasm to all your activities and to everyone you encounter. If this inspires you, set your intention to bring enthusiasm into all areas of your life on a daily basis.
* The next time you experience someone or something unpleasant, once you've acknowledged your initial reaction, ask yourself how you want to feel. If you want to feel good then choose to let your enthusiasm be bigger than what you are encountering.
"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." Ralph Waldo Emerson