This article was written by Gini Grey, who is a Transformational Coach, utilizing a powerful blend of coaching, counseling and spiritual energy tools in her individual sessions, workshops, books and CD's. For more information go to www.ginigrey.com.
You are a creator, designing and creating the masterpiece called your life. Each one of us is a potent being orchestrating our life down to the finest details. All we have to do is recognize this and utilize our power to create what we want in our lives.
Not everyone has been raised to own their life as theirs. Many have been taught to give their power away to others, circumstances, and so called fate. Yet in reality, whether we are consciously choosing our relationships, work, finances, and so on, or we are unconsciously following old programming, limiting beliefs or giving our power away to others to choose for us, we are ultimately responsible for our lives. This is empowering because it means we not only have the right, but the power, to write the script, direct the show and call the shots in our own lives.
It's as simple as choosing what you want, claiming it as yours, and owning it. Every aspect of your life is your creation; you get to do what you want with it. Once you own the power within you, you can be a magnificent creator!
* Reflect over the various aspects of your life to see where you have been creating from. Have you been creating consciously, choosing what you truly want? Are there areas of your life where you have created out of limiting beliefs, or family or societal conditioning? Have you given your power away to others, circumstances, or to an attachment to being a victim? What percentage of your life do you own?
* Imagine being fully in charge of your life, owning your power to design your life the way you want. What would it look like? What would you change? What would be the tone, feel and mood of your life? What choices would you make? What boundaries would you set?
* In order to create what you truly want in your life, what beliefs, conditioning and habits do you need to let go of? What attitudes, feelings and behaviors do you need to adopt?
* Find your center within and connect to your true higher self. From this place, ask yourself what it will take for you to own your life more consciously. Listen for an answer. Then ask yourself what your next best step is to move towards this. Now implement it.
* Close your eyes and use your imagination to envision your life with you fully in charge of it. See all the details of how you would like your life to be. Notice what it feels like to own your power to create your ideal life. Let this feeling vibrate down to all of the cells in your body, washing away any doubts or uncertainty. Open your eyes and move through your day with this empowered feeling.
* As you go throughout your day, remind yourself regularly that you are the creator of your life. Even with difficult situations, know that on some level you brought this into your life. Own your place of power to learn whatever lessons you need to and move on to creating better circumstances. Create a slogan for yourself, such as "This is my life, I choose it, I claim it, I own it".
"The most important decision we will ever make is whether we are a
victim or a creator."
-- Dr. Paula Sunray