This article is from the Atheism FAQ, by mathew firstname.lastname@example.org with numerous contributions by others.
There are many important ideas atheists promote. The following are
just a few of them; don't be surprised to see ideas which are also
present in some religions.
* There is more to moral behaviour than mindlessly following rules.
* Be especially sceptical of positive claims.
* If you want your life to have some sort of meaning, it's up to you
to find it.
* Search for what is true, even if it makes you uncomfortable.
* Make the most of your life, as it's probably the only one you'll
* It's no good relying on some external power to change you; you
must change yourself.
* Just because something's popular doesn't mean it's good.
* If you must assume something, assume something easy to test.
* Don't believe things just because you want them to be true.
and finally (and most importantly):
* All beliefs should be open to question.
Thanks for taking the time to read this document.