Various information about digital and film photography
- Digital Cameras Buying FAQ
- tips for buying digital cameras
- Yashica SLR FAQ
- Frequently Asked Questions about Yashica SLR
- Gross Specimen Photography
- An introduction to photography in general...
and gross specimen photography in particular
- Photographic Lenses FAQ
- This FAQ contains a list of Frequently Asked Questions
about lenses. It is intended for photographers. It
defines terms, gives a large number of formulas, discusses
depth of field issues, vignetting, diffraction, lens aberrations,
and the Modulation Transfer Function.
- Photographic Lenses Tutorial
- This tutorial contains a summary of optical facts for photographers.
It is more detailed that a FAQ file, but less so than a text book.
It covers focusing, apertures, bellows correction, depth of field,
hyperfocal distance, diffraction, the Modulation Transfer
Function and illumination.
- Darkroom Work FAQ
- Frequently Asked Questions about Darkroom Work
- The History and Practice of the Art of Photography
- by Henry H. Snelling
- American Hand Book of the Daguerreotype
- by S. D. Humphrey