A collection of FAQs related to Aquaria and Reefkeepers
- Beginning Fishkeeping FAQ
- This FAQ provides advice
and guidance to help insure success in your endeavor. Though this
document is designed for a first freshwater aquarium (saltwater
people: make sure to read the SALTWATER BEGINNER FAQ), there is much
information applicable to both freshwater and saltwater aquaria.
- Beginning Saltwater FAQ
- Frequently Asked Questions for Beginners in Saltwater Aquaria
- Newsgroup Topics and Conversion Tables FAQ
- This document will tell you about:
1. the FAQs (answers to Frequently Asked Questions); what they are,
and where to find them.
2. Other Web Sites?
3. proper etiquette for posting to rec.aquaria.*
4. common acronyms and other terms used here.
5. common questions (with answers) asked about the rec.aquaria.*
- Aquaria: Good (and Bad) First Fish; Breeding FAQ
- This FAQ considers fish choices for the beginning aquarist,
covering good choices for the complete novice ("Good First Fish"),
good choices for the near novice who wishes to expand his or her
options for new fish ("Good Second Fish"), and poor choices for
beginning aquarists ("Bad First Fish").
- Aquaria: Food FAQ
- Frequently Asked Questions about live foods the aquarist can easily
culture at home
- Aquaria: Plants FAQ
- In this FAQ you will find information on all aspects of freshwater
live plantkeeping (also known as Aquatic Gardening). We also include
detailed information on lighting, algae and snails which may be useful
to all aquarists.
- Aquaria: Disease, Algae and Snails FAQ
- Frequently Asked Questions about Fish and Saltwater Diseases, Algae and Snails
- Aquaria: Filters FAQ
- his FAQ describes how filtration can help ensure a healthy
aquarium. The first half describes what filters are, and how they
work. The second half evaluates the different types of filters.
- Aquaria Resources: Societies, Books and Mailorder FAQ
- Frequently Asked Questions about references for more aquaria
books (including good beginner books), magazines, addresses of some
organizations (useful for finding your local fish club), and
mail-order supply houses.
- ReefKeepers FAQ: Water, Filtration, Lights, Cost, Organisms, Catalogs, Q&A, Books, Tables, Credits
- Frequently Asked Questions about Aquaria: Water, Filtration, Lights, Cost, Organisms, Catalogs, Books, Tables